Sunday, June 3, 2012

offsetting your work woes .

Despite all the things that may happen at work, despite personal problems, issues with coworkers, the bad days that too often sneak up and smack us in the head, do you enjoy yourself there? I realized today that even with everything that may happen at work, I've made some good friends (oddly enough, more or less all a generation older than me) and had some good chats, good times, had some laughs. It's always nice to enjoy the company of others at your workplace. That's not to say that there are some people you'd rather not have to tolerate during the day.

Today was absolutely pristine at work. I've been working more or less all later shifts this season, as in something like 12-8 or 1-9, occasionally later. I really don't mind it all that much -- if I want to do something with friends after I get off from work, I can, and I don't have to worry about being up super early. Over the past few days, the weather has been perfect. It was a nice 65 or 70 degrees today, sun shining, a thick breeze rolling across the course.

Being that I work later in the day, things start out pretty busy and just sort of slide downhill into a peaceful and tranquil calm across the building. The dining room can still be bustling, but the rest of the club is relatively silent. It's a nice way to end the day. When I go out to the lake house to clean up and the sun is setting, it shines off the lake behind the clubhouse and there is a perfect reflection in the water. Here are some pictures I took today. Eternally grateful for the days like this! It seriously couldn't get any better. Enjoy, friends.

PS.. pardon the picture quality! All these were taken on my cell phone. Though, in my opinion, not too shabby considering!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...