Tuesday, June 19, 2012

such great heights .

I just happened to stumble upon this tonight and it sorta blew my mind. I'm not super into the verses on this song, but the chorus was absolutely excellent. It's always interesting to look at covers of songs and see what people have done with them.

Whenever I do covers, I'm always inclined to try to reproduce it as close to the original as possible -- but honestly, what fun is that? Covers are about taking something that you really enjoy already and making it your own. The great thing is that you have that opportunity and freedom to do what you want with it, whether it's turning it around and flipping it upside down, or just getting creative and seeing what happens. Mad respect to those who cover stuff all the time -- and I think that the more covers you do, the more you start to find your own sound and eventually start making your own music! Love supporting the indie / underground music community.

So without further ado, Such Great Heights (originally by The Postal Service), covered by Confide.

**Warning: If you don't like anything heavy, don't watch this. But seriously, the chorus blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...