Wednesday, February 16, 2011

changing seasons : changing feelings .

So I'm kinda way behind on blogs and at the suggestion of a friend, figured I would write about how the changing of seasons also result in changing of feelings.

It's pretty insane how something as trivial as the weather can affect someone's mood so much. Although I can say from experience firsthand that it is absolutely 100% true. What we see outside first thing in the morning can either put a damper in your mood or a smile on your face. Sometimes I don't mind the pitter patter of the rain... but other times I dread the fact that I now not only have to walk to class but, which takes a long time, and get wet in the process of doing so.


Each season sort of has its own accepted connotation, as winter is cold and overcast, fall is chilly yet contrasted by the warm colors the leaves give, spring is a season of growth and rebirth, and summer is, put simply, freakin' hot.

And so for me, the best seasons are fall, winter, and spring. I can't stand hot weather. When it's the summer time, I dread going outside, because I just sweat constantly and end up having to change my shirt practically three times a day because I sweat so much. Gross, I know, but true ... :/

But the cooler parts of the year are awesome. I love bundling up in a hoodie, and while sometimes it's virtually unbearable, it makes coming home to a warm house that much more inviting. I love going out and going on a run in the early morning, and while the sun is rising, the cold air coerces its way into your lungs, burning your throat on the way down.

Although I feel like we can't really be that selective about the seasons that we sort of pick as our favorite. While your general feeling upon hearing one season or another may be good or bad, in the end I feel that it's really all so subjective it's hard to say what is so good about one season or another, especially if you rule out weather and holidays as the reasons you use to justify your decision.

Just think, some years you may have a really ballin' spring, other years it may be absolute shit.

The great thing is, that they keep coming, and the seasons keep changing. We always get another chance to make it better and celebrate the changing and transforming world around us.

Lyric of the day:
"It's always winter but never Christmas, It seems this curse just can't be lifted, Yet in the midst of all this ice and snow, Our hearts stay warm cause they are filled with hope"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...