Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Music Monday #5

So this week, I was stumbling upon Celtic music, and a video came up of Loreena McKennitt. I've always sort of been a fan of the celtic genre, but this woman has an absolutely gorgeous voice, and her voice is so soothing to listen to.

The other night I needed some good solid music to study with, and normally I can't possibly focus when there are words in the songs. I just end up listening to the lyrics because they are intriguing and playful and fantastical. Rhyme schemes and harmonized notes seem to float through my head as I listen to these songs. Somehow while listening to Loreena McKennitt, I was able to concentrate fully and be very productive... must be that Celtic magic at work.

Anyways, I highly recommend you check out some of her other songs if you like the one above. Some of them include lyrics, others are instrumental, but without a doubt -- all of them are more or less great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...