Sunday, February 6, 2011

good start , good day

This morning was pretty baller. Some quality apartmate time was spent, and I suppose in this case it would be considered roommate time, since it was with Jordan.

Unfortunately the usual church crowd was broken up for the weekend, since Emily was gone snowboarding and Maggie was celebrating her 19th with the parentals in Atlanta, and I didn't know if Nick was planning on going at all. So I figured I would just be going to church on my own, and happened to mention it to Jordan, who was like, hmm, I think I might go.


Well, first of all when we walked out of the apartment the weather was absolutely gorgeous. The silence of the late night seems to linger on a Sunday morning, especially when the people who actually do get up for mass don't really seem to do so until much later than me (as in, not 9am at alllll). I usually enjoy the lack of traffic and bustle that is so often the norm on Clemson's campus.

We actually got there on time, and by on time I mean early, so that you can actually get a seat upstairs in the normal part of the church as opposed to the basement that is makeshift overflow. You would think at some point that they would just expand the church, give the heavy flow that goes through there. However, the lack of space I guess ensures people's eagerness to not only get there, but get there early.

Mass was pretty good, and it was nice to sorta just get away from things and praise for a bit. As always, Clemson House brunch was a must, and Jordan and I had a nice chat about various things in life. Just was a good way to kickstart my morning.

Upon arrival back at the apartment, I knew in the back of my head that today, like many others, would have to be generally devoted to homework, and that's fine. I just needed that stuff to happen this morning. So, big guy upstairs, thanks for lookin' out.


A short note on the Superbowl -- I care not really who wins. But I'm gonna watch nonetheless. Whoever wins, good for them, and future congratulations.

Lyric of the Day:
"Open my eyes, I want to see what You see, Show me the view, Let me feel what You feel"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...