Monday, February 21, 2011

super sunday .

The day started early, and I was definitely lacking in the sleep department. I opted to go to the 8am mass, in hopes that I would actually get some homework done (especially accounting) so that I could do some fun things today. I knew it would be a pretty packed day.. there was a lot planned.

Amazingly enough, I actually did get accounting done. I spent the next several hours mountain biking with some buddies, and man, that could not have been a more perfect thing to do today. The weather was great, the riding conditions were virtually ideal, and that rush that comes when you're flying down a hill, skidding to stay on a 1 foot wide path, and brushing up against the line of uncontrollable chaos. I've never gotten too much into mountain biking, but I'd like to. Although the climbs can be difficult and some stuff is just too technical for me, I love the sort of stuff that we have around here that is available, and I really look forward to hittin up some of the trails around home in Jersey.

If you're wondering what it's like out there -- here's a vid below that was taken on a helmet cam while we were riding today (I apologize in advance for the shakiness -- but it's really rooty and rocky out there):
 

I haven't been riding in quite some time, so I felt a bit out of shape... but it was great to get out there once again and give the legs a great workout. Ideally, I'd like to go several times a week and really get a lot better at both the technical things as well as the speed. My bike felt great today, and I just need to tweak the brakes a bit and then it'll be just about perfect.

As if the day couldn't get any better, I got a chance to catch up with a really close old friend today. All I can say, is it was just really good, so Erin, you're awesome, and I'm sorry we don't get to see each other more. You're in my prayers and thoughts.

So I thank God today was such a great day. I really needed it, and am almostttt looking forward to a productive week that will bring new and exciting adventures!

Lyric of the day:
"And in the night we'll wish this never ends, We'll wish this never ends"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...