Saturday, February 12, 2011

family dinner fridays .

So, family dinner was last night, and again was a fantastical success.

What a great reason to all get together (and have some non-dining hall food while you're at it!) Smiles and laughter occur all around while the blue auras radiate 'round the room -- if only I could see them myself; I would confirm the knowledge that they were there. It's such a good way to end the week, and I am so thankful that it has been instituted.



Oddly enough the idea came from Jersey Shore, of which my apartmates and I have become slightly obsessed... Every Sunday they all sit down and have dinner together as a family, and it's a big deal when someone misses it. So we decided, why not do it ourselves. I volunteered to cook because I love doing it, and so far we've definitely had some good meals, and I'm getting a bit better at cooking too.

To be honest, it makes me excited to a, live off campus next year, and b, move into an apartment of my own when I can constantly cook for myself.

Needless to say, I'm sure that the "fun" of cooking will wear off eventually. My mom sort of dreads doing it now -- but I'd like to think that the enjoyment will continue. I certainly don't think that the pride of a nicely made dish will disappear anytime soon. For now, the lot of the processes are up in the air because I haven't made many things before, let alone large amounts for a group of people. I don't know how long things take, and it's hard to time it all so that things are ready at the same time. But I'm sure I'll get better, and look forward to being able to cook more! It's a great thing, and I sorta wish my sister would get into it too, since my parents worry about her so much and what she's eating.

And on that note, I'm going to go heat up some leftover lasagna! Cheers.

Lyric of the Day:
 "In your ocean, I'm ankle deep, I feel the waves crashin' on my feet, It's like I know where I need to be"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...