Thursday, February 24, 2011

sickness .

Being sick sucks. It makes everything you do harder than it is, and harder than it should be. Sometimes you don't realize it -- but other times it's all you can possibly think about. I've been under the weather for about a week now and it's really beginning to just get tiresome. I should be getting more sleep to try to get better and I think instead I've ended up getting less. Not to mention I feel like a bum for not running at all and not really doing any sort of work out either. I'm hoping maybe to start up again soon and get on a regular schedule, but for right now, doing workouts is just another stress that is unneeded on an already-sick body...


One of the weird things about being sick is you sort of forget about how it feels to not be sick. For example, if you're coughing up a storm, you can't seem to remember how it felt for your throat NOT to be on fire... Or if you're like me, you can't remember what it's like to not have mucus dripping down the back of your throat (a gross concept, I know).

And yet, one day it all just sort of clears up, and you feel a lot better. It always fluctuates, until it's over. And that fluctuation can be daily, or weekly, or multi-daily. Who knows. I have had really good luck about not getting sick at all while at school; it's so hard once you get stuck in a rut with your work. Somehow you are forced to catch up.

And well, I can only hope for the best in the following days. Just going to take care of myself and cross my fingers it doesn't get any worse and blows over quickly. Oh, and I apologize sincerely for the lack of an interesting blog...

Lyric of the day:
"I don't know why, You should want to hide, But I can't get through, My hands are tied"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...