Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Music Monday #6

This week, the song is going to be Where'd You Go by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

This song honestly is one that brings back memories. I had never known who the band was until I played Rock Band (I can't remember if it was the first or the second) at a friend's house. This was back in the days when we had that one group of high school kids, basically a select group of kids that I went to Youth Group with, that would always hang out together.

I first heard the song while hanging out with all those people and having a good time, and it makes me miss that. When I left Jersey to come down to South Carolina, we still had facebook to keep in contact with. Even though the interaction was limited, we had all started a thread that we would post to to keep in touch. I haven't talked to the majority of those people in months, maybe over a year, with the exception of one. I've even tried to reach out to a few to no avail.

At some point I guess you just need to accept that the people in your life are going to change, and that there's really nothing you can do about it. Regardless, it was a nice rediscovery that provoked a nice memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...