Saturday, February 12, 2011

walks .

Walking home the other night Jordan and I were walking through the cold dark night and he asked, so what's the interesting thing that you're gonna realize tonight?

I hadn't really realized it before, but there's something about the night that is just thought provoking. Maybe it's the walking through the night, but I'm sure it would happen just as easily in a car on on a board or on a bike. I've always loved driving at night, and I can't tell you why; it's just awesome.


Perhaps it is the emptiness. Or the disappearance of hundreds of people as they retire to their beds, as I continue to strain my body to stay awake. Perhaps it is the cold itself, although I love the night just as much in the summer and spring. However, fall and winter are definitely the favorites. It could also be the fact that since there are no other people, just yourself, that you get to contemplate the problems and comings and goings of the things in your life. Regardless, it's easy to get caught up in reflection, and almost wish that it were a longer walk home, if it weren't for the fact your fingers were so frozen.

Lyric of the Day:
"I've given up on giving up slowly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...