Friday, May 6, 2011

Music Monday #15

This past weekend, I went with some friends to Highpointe of Clemson to play some volleyball. I hadn't played on real sand in a long time and let's just say I was pure awful. But this isn't about how I sucked at volleyball, it's about music. Well Highpointe has a sweet setup speaker-wise and someone had their iPod plugged in, and this one song played and I loved it, had a nice beat and was just good... and I remember listening to the lyrics specifically so I could remember them and look it up later. Well, long story short, I forgot them. But finally, it came to me today!



So the song (for those who neglected to read the title) is Rocketeer by Far East Movement. I loved the song Like a G6, but this shows a completely different side -- a mixture of chill and upbeat, I would say. It's just a great mix with some good lyrics and some soothing tones. Definitely a recommendable piece in my book.

I'll most certainly be on the lookout for more work from these guys as they slip more and more into the mainstream music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...