Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Music Monday #17

So for this week, I'm going to go with someone quite a bit less mainstream; you've most likely never heard of her before unless you randomly stumble around videos on youtube like I do. Her name is Orla Gartland, and I'm not entirely sure what part of Ireland she is from, but I'm pretty sure it is Dublin.

Like many Youtube musicians she is just getting started on a larger level, despite the fact she's been playing for awhile. Her music reminds me a lot of things like A Fine Frenzy or something of the sort. From what I can tell she's very much into the acoustic music scene with influences like Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson, Mumford & Sons, etc. Apparently she's also starting to get into busking; if you're not sure what that is just look it up (don't feel bad, I didn't know either...)

Anyways, she is in the process of setting up an EP to put out, so if you like this song, keep an eye out for her in the future! I'm certainly expecting big things from this young Irish girl.

1 comment:

  1. You're so indie! "It's not really mainstream, you've probably never heard of it...." :P

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...