Thursday, May 5, 2011

short on time .

Upon discussing the future of life today, work came up in discussion. As in, a job, a for-real serious job. I always feel like I don't have time to do things -- no time for fun, any semblance of partying, making music, and yes, of course, even blogging.


You see, at school, you do your class hours, and then you got your homework. In a work day, do your time and go home. Do what you want.

But perhaps it's not as simple as that -- if you need the money, you'll need an extra job. Or 2. Better scratch all of that free time out of your schedule, and pencil in some moneymakers.

A sample day might go something like this: Wake up and go to work, work for 8 hours. Come home. Make dinner and eat, which may take about an hour or so. Give or take. Maybe shower or work out, obviously not in that order. By this time, you have whatever time is left in the day to yourself. But at this point, it's probably about time to go to bed. Upon this realization, we soon asked ourselves, when will we have free time? It's scary to think that a potential answer to that question is never. I understand why it's so difficult to get things done around the house now. I guess that's why my Dad is so keen on using the weekends to at least attempt to catch up on housework.

And all of this arose from a thought-provoker, imagine when we will go to bed at normal hours and sleep normal amounts of time when we have a job after college. I remember well the summer, how I had a sleeping schedule like a 90-year-old man, who woke up at 4:30am and went to bed at 9pm. Oh, those were crazy days. I didn't mind the hours, but I was never awake when people were doing anything, not that I really hang out with anyone when I go home anyways... but the question still lingers in my mind, when will I have free time after college?

I suppose the point I'm getting at is that we have time now -- and we can afford to have a few sleepless nights here and there before settling into a monotonous routine. It is one of my greatest hopes that my job isn't boring, but I can't help not having free time. If I don't, I don't, I just need to make do. But for the time being, we'll keep our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...