Saturday, March 12, 2011

iPod at night .

A long long time ago I decided one night that I was going to listen to my CD player while I went to bed. It was great. I don't know why, but it was just calming to listen to some tunes when I fall asleep. Maybe it's just about unwinding after a long day.


When I go to sleep, I usually need it to be completely quiet when I'm trying to fall asleep. Snoring or odd noises just bug the crap out of me and I can't fall asleep and end up getting really flustered and just upset and then I really can't fall asleep. Putting in some headphones just blocks it all out. (It's especially useful when I'm in the same hotel room as my parents, who both snore extremelyyyy loud)

But it's not even always soft music. There have been nights when I've been really upset or angry, and I've just created a quick little playlist on my iPod of August Burns Red and some other real heavy stuff. And oddly enough I have no problem falling asleep. It's something about just having the music there that is soothing and I really enjoy it. It's something that I've begun to do almost every night and I really enjoy it. Although you do run the risk of losing your headphones or breaking something in the middle of the night, I find that I've become so used to it that I just sort of automatically place my iPod and headphones on the nightstand whenever I randomly wake up during the night.

Nowadays, I'm usually very tired and sleep completely through the entire night. It wasn't always that way; often I would wake up 5-6 times a night, just barely getting to sleep and then waking up again. Maybe the music helps.

Unfortunately it does sort of cut in to my prayer time. I used to always say prayers as I was going to sleep, and just sort of try to have a chat with God, about anything really. I've sort of lost that, and since we've just begun Lent, I want to use that to sort of motivate me to start it up again. I remember always having a large list of people I would automatically pray for, whether they had passed away, or were sick at the time with a long term illness like cancer or something of the sort, or if I just automatically prayed for them by default, like the people in my family. Lately I've tried to get away from that, only because when you have that list you pass over the people and don't even really realize that you are actually praying for them, you don't get a chance to think and truly pray hard for them.

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked there. Either way, I really like and look forward to listening to some music as I fall to sleep. I often mix it up, and make quick little playlists of things to listen to. It really all depends on what sort of mood I'm in. Sometimes I just let the room be silent and just breathe slowly in and out, and just let the silence embrace me. But having the music there is really neat too. I'm not sure how long it will last, but for now, I'm enjoying it.

Lyric of the day:
"You're not alone, there is more to this I know"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...