Wednesday, March 9, 2011

sticky notes .

What a lovely invention. To my knowledge sticky notes were actually made by accident. Call them what you will; post its, stickies, sticky-notes, etc. They're awesome. So convenient, and great for leaving notes. Although the best thing to date regarding sticky notes is probably the digital ones that you can either add to your desktop as an app, or have in your dashboard as a widget (pc users may not understand the mac-speak, but that's okay, it's rather irrelevant).


So, sticky notes on my laptop. Preeeeetty sweet. It's almost ridiculous how many I have posted up on my computer (pausing writing now to go count how many there actually are...there are 15). I'm not really sure where I was going with this post, other than the fact that the number and range of things that I have written on these sticky notes. Some things have been there for months, other things have just been added tonight, and they constantly change. So here's a (potentially very boring to you) list of what's on my sticky notes:

Post-It 1
- my username and password for stumbleupon.com, for when I'm bored and don't remember my info
- two people's birthdays I should really remember
- my password for 6dollarshirts.com, from which I've bought about 15 tees...
- the time that I was at while listening to one of the dabears songs, since you rarely finish them in one sitting
- Dave Lee's birthday -- because Lord knows, it is one of the most important dates in history
- a home theater / audio surround sound model that might eventually go on a wish list of sorts

Post-It 2
- the various tattoo plans; what they are, and where they are supposed to go on my body
I could definitely go into more detail about that, but if you're curious, it's basically all written down in a blog I wrote last November.

Post-It 3
- A quote I found in an article about Sylvia Brown, the lady who claims she can connect with people on "the other side." I'm not sure whether I buy it fully or not, but I definitely think it's possible, and I definitely think that it's possible for us to make connections both ways. I really want to try this -- because I think it would be the best thing ever to connect with my spirit guide, or guardian angel, or whatever you'd like to call it. It's been a dream of mine for a very long time. Here's the quote, feel free to try it if you wish:
' What you do, every night, or in the mornings -- find a special time for yourself and lie down, and just kind of relax yourself all over. Take yourself to a seashore. Put your feet in the sand, put your back against the palm tree. Feel the sun on your face, and the wind on your hair. And then just ask your guide, "Come out of the shadows and talk to me." If you do this, for a week to 10 days, I promise you, you'll begin to see your spirit guide and your angels. '

Post-It 4
This one has various songs that I have yet to download:
- into the sea, the album leaf
- shattered, trading yesterday
- all at once, the fray
- so sick, ne-yobunk
- saved, ALL CAPS
- king of anything, sara bareilles
- if there's ever a reason, derby
- Bag Raiders, Turbo Love (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
- Mic check, haduoken

Post-It 5
List of things to do during Spring Break with Josh
- visit the Jersey Shore house
- go to Wawa
- early morning mass
- DD to see John
- possibly Pittsburgh
- go to a Jersey diner

Post-It 6


..... Okay this is getting extremely lengthy and probably a tad boring as well .
The other ones contain information regarding a current to-do list, several addresses I need to remember, all of my hw (it's kinda like a homework sticky that takes the place of a homework planner...), a few books I should probably pick up and read at some point, and some nice quotes, which actually are probably worth putting in here...

"Don't ever let someone tell you you can't do something. You got a dream, protect it. You want something, go get it."

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's troubles are enough for today."

"Live for the moment, but hope for the future."


Hopefully, that wasn't too much of a tedious read, and it was enjoyable.

Lyric of the Day:
"Can I kick my story to ya'll, my glory in God, my faith in my flow, I pray that I go where no other rapper has, and when you're rappin' as, vivid as I and limited as the sky"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...