Wednesday, March 2, 2011

spring break .

This year will mark the first time I might actually do something fun for a spring break -- in all the years that have gone by, I can't think of one where I've gone on vacation or done anything fun. Sometimes I'll work, other times I'll just lay around the house...



It is with the sincerest of hope that this one be different. At this point, Josh's companionship is pretty much going to happen, which I am excited about. I was talking a friend the other night, saying how I had never brought a friend home with me to Jersey. Can't really put my finger on why, other than the fact that I fear my parents (mother in particular) would either not be conducive to the idea, or would make a bad impression. The last thing I would want is to bring someone home and for them to have a miserable time.

It's not that there aren't interesting and fun things to do, it's just the fact of people being integrated with my family -- it's really a toss-up. I realize now that I've been on the receiving end of the offer many a time, for various holidays, and it's interesting to see how people's families function, and how the kids are similar or dissimilar to their parents. Some places I've had a great time -- others, I didn't feel as comfortable at.

It's tough being a guest, going into a new house that is completely different, in a region that is different, with different rules, customs, and traditions. Things are just -- well, different.

And thus that brings me to my point: I'm hoping spring break will be a fun time -- not just for me, but for Josh too. I know I'm going to be working at some point for a few days, but hopefully we'll also be able to drive on out to Pittsburgh to visit a friend as well. Road trips with friends are good stuff -- definitely hope to be able to expand upon that someday.

Lyric of the day:
"Face it, This is what we're up, up against, You're waiting, And every minute is a minute away"

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure spring break is going to be awesome! Don't worry too much about it. It's suppose to be a time to chill and have fun! And it willlllll be, promise!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...