Wednesday, March 9, 2011

things i read on the walls .

If walls had ears, would they listen? If they had mouths would they talk back? It's no secret that people write on things that they're not supposed to: bathroom stalls, trees, desks, tables. Sometimes it's carved in, sometimes it's just written. Sometimes it's wisdom, sometimes a Bible verse, sometimes just a funny picture. Call it what you will, and I suppose in reality it could be considered vandalism. But in all honesty, I love reading all the stuff that gets put up there. Sometimes, it's just really inspiring and interesting. So as I sit here in Cooper, and it's cleared out more or less since it's pretty late, so I am going to now go sit in a cubby and just write down quotes from the messages on the walls. Enjoy!


Note: I really am just gonna write a lot of exactly what is written... It's like a story that is told throughout the library -- fun stuff. But, for those easily offended, be prepared. Some might be funny, some offensive, some deep. It's really a strange mix.


"A good woman will pick you apart. A box full of suggestions for you possible heart, but you may be offended and you may be afraid, but don't walk away, don't walk away"

"I love karma"

"Evolution = Contradiction (Think for yourselves!)"

"RIP Pat Swayze"

"I <3 love you"

"There is no need to be strong. We keep our confessions long, and when we pray we keep it short. I drank a thimbleful of fire and I'm not ever going back."

"What more, in the name of love?"

"GOD... the only reason humankind exists. That includes you dawg. Think about it."

"It's all about the rhythm as I rock the boat, the boat"

"Call for a good time 843-816-1202"
---> "Great, I love scrabble!"

"Why are you going to college?"
---> "Mom & Dad said they wouldn't love me anymore if I didn't"
---> "For the sake of all mankind, I will make the world a better place"
---> "To become a mad scientist"

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me †"

"I like my women like I like my chicken with a little bit of fat on the end"

"Pierre Tong is ubiquitous"

"And the world's got me dizzy again, you'd think after 22 years I'd be used to the spin, and it only gets worse when I stay in one place. So, I'm always pacing around or walking away"

"Ich liebe dich."

"You might say that I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one"

"Imagine all the people, living for today"

"All you need is love, love, love is all you need --> never dies Beatles lyrics"

"I was made for lovin' you baby. you were made for lovin' me
-> The only way of lovin' me baby is to pay a lovely fee
--> Just one night, just one night
---> There's no way 'cause you can't pay
----> In the name of love, one night in the name of love"

"Don't leave me this way, i can't survive w/o your sweet love oh baby, don't leave me this way. You think that people would have had enough of silly love songs"

"I look around me and I see it isn't so"

"I wish he would take me back."
--> "I know exactly how you feel."

"studying hurts my feelings"

"Experimental anything = death!"

"7 out of 10 times, we listen to our music at night"

"exactly what went down only Pilate knows. All I ever asked of him was when the bars were closed"

"Jesus loves you. Yes, you."


Well, this concludes my reading of the library walls. There are other things out there... some more vulgar that I didn't post. But I think in all honesty you're always going to have that sort of thing -- It's just a part of life. I'm going to try to remember which cubbies I've been to, and assuming I have more late nights in Coop, I'll have to come back to a new one every so often, and just read what's on th walls. It definitely was a worthwhile interesting thing. I remember going down to the first floor bathroom a bit ago and ending up sitting down there for a long time reading what was on the walls... When I returned a few days later, it had been painted over, and the writings had started new, fresh. I feel like no matter what, people will always leave those messages on the wall. And it may be trivial, and it may be vandalizing... but in that little way, you're a part of Clemson. A part that will hopefully never be covered up, erased, or thrown away. And I get that.

Lyric of the day:
"What is my body worth? Was there a price set before? There's something greater there"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...