Wednesday, March 23, 2011

NYC .

I think I will always have a special place in my heart for this city. It's something truly special, and going back today was absolutely great. The difference in lives as you roll through North Jersey and into Newark, and then eventually New York City itself is drastic. You see the urban habitat slowly build itself up and suddenly you are blinded by a series of tunnels as you make your way into the heart of the city, a fact unknown by the unsuspecting train passenger.


Then you roll into Penn Station New York, and as you walk up the steps, you are greeted in advance by the constant roar of traffic horns, the rush of cars, yells of vendors and those arguing, police sirens and whistles, and the general chatter of allllllll the people.

I don't remember the first time I went to the city too well... but every time I go it is a bit of a rush. Maybe it's because I don't live there. One of the problems is that I love that city so much, I always end up comparing other cities with NYC, and I always put New York at the top of course.

So I suppose to some extent I am a tough customer when it comes to impressing me with a city. New York is just sorta where I grew up close to, and even though I haven't been there too many times, it blows me away, every time.

Overall, had a fantastic day in the city today. Met up with some friends, which was awesome. Safe travels to you all -- and it was a gorgeous day. We did a lot of great things, and despite the sore feet and aching legs, it was totally worth it.

Lyric of the Day:
"These streets will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you, let's hear it for New York"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...