Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Music Monday #7

Apocalyptica. I honestly don't remember how I stumbled upon them. Perhaps it was in looking for some classical music. Allow me to explain. At some point, I was really into the string instruments, and just wanted some classical inspirational music to listen to while I fell asleep (I have a habit of plugging in the headphones as a drift away to dreamland...). Well, either way, I stumbled upon Apocalyptica, and was very interested in what they were all about. It really took me by surprise, that cellos could be used in this way. And so here you have it: hard hitting riffs that lead to driving beats and all of the above that goes into a rock song. It's quite impressive.

Hope is one of my favorite songs by them. It starts out a bit harsh -- but I love the buildup, the way the music just makes you feel. It's crazy how all those notes put together just build emotion. So enjoy, and if you like it, definitely check out their other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...