Saturday, September 8, 2012

gameday .

Today was the second football game of this fall season for the Clemson Tigers. It was the first home game of the season, against Ball State. But today was not going to be like a normal day for me. It started out as usual, with Central Spirit getting all the balloons ready. If you're not sure what I mean by balloons... well, allow me to enlighten you:

Yep, you guessed it. We blow each and every one of those up and put them in the nets!

After that, I was lucky enough to catch up with some guys that graduated at a tailgate. It was fun, but I knew that I couldn't go to the game. In fact, I missed the ticket sign up. It just so happened that I had an opportunity to get a ticket after all, as someone was sick, but pragmatic decisions needed to take precedence over what I wanted to do. As much as I would love to go to a football game, I knew I had to go work. Believe me, it's the last thing I wanted to do on a Saturday afternoon. But duty called. Tomorrow will be a busy day too. It's like I'm slowly running out of gas, and eventually the mark will be at "E". But I just gotta keep going.

You gotta do what you gotta do, and today? I needed to spend gameday working. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...