Sunday, September 9, 2012

sunday sermon .

Today, the gospel story was about a man who was deaf and dumb, who was miraculously cured by Jesus. Jesus implored them not to tell anyone about it, but the more he told them not to, the more they spread the word.

One thing the priest said in his homily resonated with me: Living as Christian means living in faith. It is important to perceive the great things that we have been given, and it is just as important to perceive when other people need help.


Whenever I listen to the homily or the sermon each Sunday, I always try to pick out one thing that is a lesson to keep with myself. And I think that this week's is faith and trust in that faith. Religion has never been about seeing, or having proof, or making deals (being good = a good life). It is about believing without seeing, and trusting that no matter how hard it may seem to get, that's the best thing for you.

So that's just some food for thought today. Enjoy your Sunday! I certainly hope it's a lot more lazy than mine has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you are thinking. Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...